policies & practices
How to book
Go to the What page, decide which of the two rooms you’d like to book, and then give us a call or send us an email to check availability and reserve a room.
How we operate
With the goal of having the safest and most comfortable environment possible for every guest, we have just a few policies at Velo Bed and Breakfast:
- We have a refrigerator in the guest dining room for everyone to use. Because this is a vegetarian establishment, we ask that guests store only vegetarian items in this shared appliance.
- We ask that guests leave their outside shoes just inside the front door, where they will find USA-made sandals for their use indoors if they so desire. These sandals are orthopedic-approved and sanitized after each guest’s use. The cork flooring is also delightful for bare feet, especially in the winter when some of the cork flooring and tile is heated. However, guests should feel free to bring their own slippers for inside use if they prefer.
- To ensure everyone’s safety and comfort, Velo prohibits any burning of any kind inside the premises. Each guest room is equipped with several LED candles, which lend a nice warm glow to the space.
- Verizon is the only provider in our area available to us for internet service. This means we have an extremely limited data access plan. We are pleased to offer free wifi to our guests for the exclusive purposes of checking email and surfing the web, and each room is allotted sufficient data allowances for those purposes. However, as we have 4G speeds, any attempts to stream video or audio, use skype or any other high data useage activity will likely use up the room’s allotment for the 24 hour period and once that happens, the room is blocked from further internet useage until the next 24 hour period. Guests are welcome to watch movies from our dvd collection, and for those who do not have laptops with them, we have dvd players available for guests’ use as well. Just ask!
- Well-behaved children ages 10 and older are welcome.
- While the B and B is segregated from the main part of the house, guests should expect to see their hosts from time to time in the guest common areas working to provide the cleanest possible accommodations and the best possible service.
- In an effort to provide the most allergen-free accommodations possible, we do not allow guests’ pets at Velo. Please do not allow any roaming outdoor cats into the bed and breakfast, no matter how much sweet-talking they do.
- Guests may not sleep overnight on the guest common room couch.
- Cancellation Policy: As a specialty bed and breakfast, we are particularly reliant on advance reservations, and therefore have a graduated cancellation policy as follows: Cancellations made 30 days or more before the reservation will be fully refunded, less a 10% processing fee. Cancellations between 29 and 7 days prior to scheduled stay will have 50% of the entire reservation amount returned. Cancellations less than 7 days prior to the reservation will forfeit the entire reservation amount.
How we accomplished “veggie. eco. local. organic.”
We are determined to do business in a way that helps our local community, is friendly to the environment and puts a priority on purchasing local and USA-made products. Through extensive research in preparing to open Velo, we discovered that American manufacturing is making a comeback, and we are excited to share some of our great USA-made finds with you below.
- Local organic produce: Common Treasury Farm and Sweet Leaf Organics
- Towels: 1888 Mills (organic, all USA-made)
- Bedding: Nest Bedding (organic, many USA-made options)
- Natural Latex, pillow-top Beds: Englander (organic soy pillow top, several mattresses Oregon-made)
- Retractable screens: Kraft Screens (all Oregon-made)
- Tables and shelving: Elk Creek Furnishing (custom reclaimed wood furnishings, all Oregon-made)
- Bedroom furniture: Pacific Rim Woodworking (FSC-certified local wood, all Eugene-made furniture)
- Comforters: Cuddledown (mock down, some USA-made)
- Sofa and chairs: Stanton Furniture (all Oregon-made)
- Vacuum: Metropolitan (all USA-made)
- Pillows: Pillow Perfect (all USA-made)
- Brooms: Libman (one of many USA-made options)
- Ironing board: Homz (many USA-made options)
- Patio furniture: Adams (all USA-made)
- Outdoor lighting: Arroyo Craftsman (all USA-made)
- Guest sandals/slippers: Okabashi (all USA-made)
- Tableware: HomerLaughlin Fiesta Ware (all USA-made)
- Cellular window shades: Levolor (many USA-made options)
- Lighting: Maxlite (Canada-made)
- Tile: Daltile (many USA-made options)
- LED candles: Q Candles (soy candles USA-made)
- Bathroom fixtures: Moen (several USA-made options)